Your old door is outdated and doesn’t provide the level of security you need.
Not only is your old door outdated, but it’s also not providing the level of security you need for your home. Burglars are taking advantage of easy entry points like weak doors, so it’s important to upgrade to a stronger model as soon as possible.
King Door and Lock offer replacement, installation, and upgrades for homes in Washington DC. We have a wide selection of doors to choose from, and our team of experienced professionals will make sure your new door is installed correctly and securely.
What You Need to Know About Door Replacement, Installation, and Upgrades for Homes in Washington DC
When you are looking to replace your old door with a new one for home improvement in Washington, DC, you must have all the information before purchasing. The more you know about door replacement and installation, the better of an experience you will have when choosing a product that fits your needs.
By taking some time to learn more about doors before making a decision, you will be able to pick out something that works perfectly for you.
The Different Types of Doors
Before designing or buying anything, it’s important to first learn what type of door is right for your home. There are different styles of doors available on the market today so you need to determine which ones fit your style best.
This way, no matter how many years down the road you decide to update your home with door replacement, installation, or upgrades for Washington DC homes, you’ll know exactly what product will work perfectly.
Here are the different types of doors that are available:
· Wood Doors – There is nothing like the classic look of wood. They come in multiple finishes and styles so there is something out there for everyone. Wooden doors provide both durability and style at an affordable price which makes them a popular choice for customers everywhere.
· Composite Doors – Also known as fiberglass doors, these products come in many different styles and colors giving consumers more options than ever before. Typically lighter than traditional wood doors they’re easy to open and close making them great additions for decks or homes with children.
· Metal Doors – Durable and strong, metal doors come in a wide range of styles and finishes that add elegance to any home or business entryway. The look is classic and goes well with virtually every design style available. They’re great for homes in Washington DC since they can be designed to withstand the outdoor elements and help reduce heating and cooling costs.
· Glass Doors – The beauty of glass doors cannot be denied because it’s nearly impossible not to appreciate their unique beauty and ability to open up space while still maintaining privacy at the same time. Depending on the type you choose, glass doors offer an affordable way to enhance your home’s curb appeal while also adding warmth. These can be replaced just like any other door on the market, but they are more delicate so you will want to take some additional precautions.
· Customized Doors – With the rise in popularity of door replacement, many companies can design a new look for your home. These doors are typically made of the same materials as their counterparts so you will have to decide if they fit with your style. The benefit of other products is that custom doors are designed specifically for each person’s needs, so it fits seamlessly into your home without looking out-of-place.
Benefits of Door Replacement, Installation, and Upgrades for Homes in Washington, DC
There are many benefits to installing new doors, but here are just a few of the most important ones:
· Increases Curb Appeal – When you have an outdated door that is falling apart or doesn’t blend with your home’s style anymore, it can drastically reduce your home’s value. Replacing old entryways with something more modern is one of the best ways to give your home an instant facelift. If you’re planning on selling soon this is a must-do project because it will increase how much your home sells for in no time at all.
· Maintain Energy Efficiency – With additional doors installed on your Washington DC homes, there are fewer areas that allow outside air inside which means less money is spent on heating and cooling annually. By keeping your home well insulated you will notice a significant reduction in energy bills that can then be used for other things.
· Increase Safety – Installing a new door is one of the most effective ways to keep your family safe from home invasions and unfortunate accidents. Burglars look for homes with flimsy, weak doors so when you have an entryway that is both strong and secure, they will move on to the next house giving you peace of mind knowing everyone is safe.
· Customize Your Home’s Style – With so many styles, colors, and types of doors available on the market now there are options for everyone. Whether you prefer metal or wood there are items designed by top brands that will fit your style so you don’t have to give up great looks to achieve energy efficiency.
· New Technology – One of the newest trends indoor replacement is to invest in high-tech features that you can control from your smartphone. You can open and lock your doors as many times as you want without having to leave your home or carry a key around. Not only will this help you save time, but it’s easy to set up so you don’t have to break the bank trying to install something new.
· Increase Home Value – One of the top reasons to invest in door replacement is that it will increase your home’s value. Instead of taking a chance and hoping buyers find your hidden gem, you can give them everything they want without having to spend an arm and a leg on repairs or updates.
· Modern Designs – The days of boring entryways and wood doors are long gone. There are so many modern designs available nowadays that you will have no problem finding something to fit your home’s unique style. From glass to wood, even metal many materials will give your home an instant facelift.
· Easy To Install – A lot of homeowners think that door replacement is out of their league when it comes to projects, but in reality, it’s one of the most simple installations you can do with a qualified team. There are so many styles and types of doors on the market today, so finding one that is perfect for your home doesn’t have to be complicated. And because it’s so easy, you will get fast installation which means you won’t spend more money than you need to.
Did You Know?
Conventional doors are the most popular style for homes in America, but they can also be very expensive. If you’re looking for a new door without having to spend a lot of money, consider doing a door upgrade instead.
For instance, if your old door is made from wood or glass then upgrading to an aluminum or steel option will not cost as much but provide the same benefits as purchasing a completely new door.
Do you need to replace your door?
If so, King Door and Lock is the company for you. We have been providing quality service in Washington DC since 1989. Our team of experts will walk you through every step of the process from choosing a new door to installation and beyond!
You can trust us with all your home improvement needs because we are fully licensed, insured, and bonded. We’ll even provide an estimate before any work begins so there are no surprises down the road! Call today for more information or schedule an appointment online at https://kingdoorandlock.com/contact-us/. It’s time to upgrade your doors!