You’re probably looking for a new steel door, but you don’t know where to start. There are so many different types of steel doors available on the market, and it can be hard to figure out which one is right for you.
Not only are there a lot of different types of steel doors available, but each type has its own set of benefits and drawbacks. It can be hard to figure out which one is right for your specific needs.
The Most Popular Types of Steel Doors
Steel Security Doors
Steel security doors are the most popular type of steel doors purchased because they offer a great balance between affordability and effectiveness.
These steel doors don’t cost much but still provide some form of protection, like anti-burglary properties or weather resistance.
They’re also very simple and easy to maintain!
Steel Fire Rated Steel Doors
Many homeowners purchase steel fire-rated steel doors because of their ability to protect against burglary during emergencies such as fires or earthquakes, while still letting air in and out of the steel door.
Steel fire-rated steel doors also look really good and they’re available in a variety of steel security & steel impact door styles.
Steel Impact Doors
If you live in an area where burglary or earthquake risks are higher than normal, steel impact steel doors can help you protect your home with minimal effort on your part.
These steel doors can be integrated into steel security & service panel steel door designs, creating steel doors that will provide both protection and peace of mind during dangerous weather events or break-ins attempts by criminals looking to do you harm.
Steel Insulated Steel Doors
Steel insulated steel doors offer homeowners a great option for protecting their house without sacrificing comfort levels inside the home.
A typical steel insulated steel door usually has steel bars inside the steel frame, allowing you to see outside even when steel insulated steel doors are closed.
You can also adjust the ventilation of steel insulated steel doors to improve heating or cooling efficiency for warmer months or colder months.
Steel custom steel doors may be more expensive than other types of steel doors at first glance but they’re definitely worth it if you want a steel door that perfectly matches your home’s aesthetics or you need something specific written into your steel fire-rated steel door design.
These steel doors must be designed by King Door and Lock professionals so you can trust that these steel impact & service panel steel door frames will meet all of your needs with their high-level craftsmanship!
Benefits of Steel Doors
If you’re in the market for steel doors, here are the top fifteen reasons to make steel your doorway of choice.
- Steel doors provide excellent security to homes and businesses.
- Steel doors can be painted so they stay looking new longer than a decayed door would look new.
- Steel doors have no joinery issues or check lines where water could get in creating rotting interior surfaces over time. This is especially helpful if you live in a place where the weather is very hard on exterior door surfaces.
- Steel doors are made up of steel, which has amazing properties such as durability, and high-strength
- Steel doors require less maintenance than wood because steel doesn’t rot, warp or split over time as wood does. This means you save money on repairs and don’t have to paint steel doors as often
- Steel doors come in a range of colors so your steel door can match your interior decor perfectly even if you choose an unusual steel door. Steel doors are easier to customize than wood doors, which are often limited in color options.
- Steel doors are strong so you can have steel doors with narrow stiles or small steel door grilles without sacrificing strength or security
- Steel doors come in a wide variety of designs and styles that would be difficult to create using wood like steel doors with slim stiles
- Steel doors don’t swell, shrink or warp like wooden ones do because they contain no water within them. This means your paint job will last longer too!
- Steel is non-corrosive so even if your steel door is near the ocean steel won’t rust as quickly as steel doors that are not steel insulated steel doors.
- Steel doors are the easiest kind of steel door to maintain because steel is naturally non-corrosive and steel is very sturdy so it won’t warp or buckle as wooden doors do. They also require less maintenance than wooden doors do because steel doesn’t swell, shrink or warp in extreme conditions which would be disastrous for your steel door if not addressed quickly!
- When you choose steel over wood you protect our planet by using steel that can be recycled again and again with little degradation between recycles unlike most other materials on Earth where recycling degrades quality each time. This is why it’s important to always recycle steel whenever possible.
- Steel fire-rated steel doors are the best choice for high-security steel doors because steel is naturally non-combustible and steel doesn’t warp, shrink or swell in conditions that would be dangerous to steel fire-rated steel doors.
- Steel is an amazing material that can be reused again and again with little degradation between recycles unlike other materials on earth which are often degraded each time they are recycled making steel one of the most environmentally friendly choices available when you choose steel over other kinds of door material.
FAQs About Types of Steel Door
What are steel doors made of?
Steel doors are typically made of steel that is 14-gauge. Door steel that is 12 or 16-gauge can be used to make steel doors, but they will not last as long as thicker steel.
The steel door’s thickness determines its sturdiness and durability, so it’s important to select the right gauge for your needs.
How often do I need to oil my steel entry door?
Steel entry doors should be oiled on a bi-annual basis with an all-weather lubricant like Boeshield T9.
Oiling your steel door helps prevent rust, corrosion, and oxidation by removing moisture from the metal surface. When you don’t oil steel doors, they will eventually rust.
What are steel entry door locks?
Steel entry door locks are compromised of steel instead of the traditional brass, bronze, or aluminum that you typically find in standard woodworking systems.
These steel entry door locks are made to be more durable and robust when it comes to resisting forceful entries by burglars.
The steel material makes the lock system stronger so it can withstand kick-ins and break-ins better than other types of doors on the market today!
Some steel entry door locks also have stainless steel components, which ensures that your steel door’s locking hardware is corrosion resistant.
Why should I go with steel over wood?
Because steel doors are sturdy and durable, they’re less susceptible to damage caused by the surrounding environment.
Wood doors are more vulnerable to extreme temperatures, humidity, mold, mildew, and infestations like termites.
Steel entry door locks are extremely sturdy and corrosion-resistant because steel is naturally non-corrosive!
What should I look for when buying steel doors?
When you’re searching for steel entrance door locks that will offer great protection for your home or business, take into account the steel gauge size of the steel.
Thicker steel means more insulation, so it needs to be paired with stronger steel lock hardware.
When you invest in high-quality steel entry door locks, they can resist forced entries by burglars better than other types of stiles on the market today!
Are you looking for a new door?
King Door and Lock have the most extensive range of steel doors available. We offer an array of styles, colors, and finishes to suit any home or business.
Our experts will help you find exactly what you’re looking for so that your next purchase is perfect!
You can choose from our wide selection of doors in wood, fiberglass, aluminum, vinyl, and steel.
Whether it’s a front entry door with sidelights or a custom-made garage door we have something to fit your needs.
We also carry many different types of locks including deadbolts and keyless entry systems.